“The leading semiconductor components distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Dalian General Holdings, announced that its subsidiary World Peace has launched a power supply solution for epidemic prevention medical equipment based on onsemi NCP1618.
On September 9, 2021, Dalian General Holdings, a leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, announced that its subsidiary World Peace has launched a power supply solution for epidemic prevention medical equipment based on onsemi NCP1618.
Figure 1 – The Display board of the power supply solution for epidemic prevention medical equipment based on onsemi products launched by World Peace
A century of viruses has brought earth-shaking effects to human beings. In the process of national anti-epidemic, major hospitals have urgent needs for epidemic prevention medical equipment such as respirators, nucleic acid detectors, mask machines, and intensive medical monitors. As the basis of Electronic medical instruments, the demand for power supply has also shown a surge trend. Faced with this situation, Dalian World Peace has launched a 500W power supply solution for epidemic prevention medical instruments based on Onsemi’s NCP1618 to meet the application needs of higher power power supplies for global epidemic prevention medical instruments.
Figure 2 – The product entity diagram of the power supply solution for epidemic prevention medical equipment based on onsemi products launched by the World Peace General Assembly
NCP1618 is a new generation of high-performance IC with built-in high voltage start-up (HV Start-up) circuit, which can provide intelligent switching continuous current mode (CCM), critical current mode (CrM) and discontinuous current mode (DCM) and other work model. In addition, this product can provide a high-efficiency and stable power factor correction circuit under the full voltage (Universal) input and different load conditions. Compared with the previous generation NCP1616, this product has a 30MW increase in light-load standby, and a 2% increase in synchronous full-load efficiency. Therefore, NCP1618 is the best choice for medical instrument power supply requiring high reliability.
Figure 3 – Scenario application diagram of the power supply solution for epidemic prevention medical instruments based on onsemi products launched by the World Peace General Assembly
Core technical advantages:
• HV Start-up built-in X2 capacitor discharge circuit;
• Over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), input under-voltage protection (BO), output under-voltage protection (BUV) and other safety mechanisms;
• Frequency Fold-Back operation mode, reduce operating frequency at light load, reduce switching loss and improve light load efficiency;
• Accurate Zero Current Detection mechanism ensures that MOSFET is turned on at low voltage at valley bottom and reduces conduction loss;
• Fast Line/LoadTransient Compensation of the input voltage and output load drastic change compensation circuit to improve the system response speed;
• Independent pfcOK Pin provides signaling system for stable operation;
• Soft-Start mechanism to make the system (Smooth) start smoothly and reduce the probability of damage to switching components;
• Lead-free, halogen-free and compliant with EU Hazardous Substance Control Standards.
• Input voltage range 90-265Vrms;
• Input frequency range 45to66 Hz;
• Output power 500W;
• Minimum output current 13mA;
• Maximum output current 1300mA;
• Full voltage and load efficiency >94%;
• Full voltage full load power factor>95%;
• Hold-up Time (output voltage above 300V)>20mS;
• Output voltage ripple peak-to-peak
The Links: CM600DX-24T LQ075V3DG01