“The leading semiconductor components distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Dalian General Holdings, announced that its subsidiary Youshang has launched a 65W PD power adapter solution based on ON Semiconductor’s high-frequency quasi-resonant NCP1342.
The leading semiconductor components distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Dalianda Holdings, announced that its subsidiary Youshang has launched a 65W PD power adapter solution based on ON Semiconductor’s high-frequency quasi-resonant NCP1342.
Power adapters occupy a considerable space in Electronic products. In the past period, people have used silicon (silicon) as material power technology to reduce product size, but with the increasing market demand for high power density, silicon materials With the existing size specifications, it is no longer possible to output higher power at the required frequency. Therefore, GaN has become the material of choice for high-power adapters. The 65W PD power adapter solution based on ON Semiconductor’s high-frequency quasi-resonant NCP1342 launched by Dalian Dayou Shang, combined with Innosecco’s GaN MOS, can ensure the miniaturization of the product and have more power.
Figure 1 – Entity diagram of Dalian Dayou Shang’s 65W PD power adapter solution based on ON Semiconductor products
GaN is known as the third-generation semiconductor material. Its electron mobility is much higher than that of silicon, and its output capacitance is also much smaller than that of silicon, which makes it have wide energy band gap characteristics, which can enable power supply design to achieve higher power density and efficiency levels, As a result, switching and conduction losses are reduced, enabling higher switching frequencies and enabling higher power, small form factor power designs.
In addition, the core device in this solution is the ON Semiconductor high frequency quasi-resonant NCP1342, which has a proprietary valley lock circuit to ensure stable valley switching. By design, the NCP1342 employs Minimum Peak Current Modulation (MPCM) to rapidly reduce the switching frequency to ensure light load performance for high frequency designs. Not only that, but the NCP1342 has several key protection circuits built in to ensure robust converter performance.
Figure 2 – Block diagram of Dalian Dayou Shang’s 65W PD power adapter solution based on ON Semiconductor products
Core technical advantages:
• High frequency quasi-resonant flyback control chip;
• Support 2 packages of 8pin and 9pin;
• Integrated HV pin, which integrates BO and X2 capacitor discharge functions at the same time;
• NCP1342 has valley lock function, up to 6 valley locks;
• Minimum operating frequency (26KHz) clamp and quiet jump mode;
• No-load power consumption • Frequency jitter to reduce EMI interference;
• Frequency reversal and MPCM (minimum peak current modulation) function to reduce switching times and improve light load efficiency.
• Small size power adapter made of NCP1342 and Innosecco’s INN650D0265W, size: 60 x 31 x 31mm;
• Standby power consumption is less than 60mW;
• Power density up to 18W/in3;
• The maximum efficiency at full load reaches 94%;
• Support PD3.0.
The Links: EP2S90F1020I4N CM15TF-12H